POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.programming : Attitude - A Suggestion for Future Discussions... : Re: Attitude - A Suggestion for Future Discussions... Server Time
28 Jul 2024 08:31:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Attitude - A Suggestion for Future Discussions...
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 1 Oct 2002 12:19:31
Message: <3D99CB0F.5DE476A8@gmx.de>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> [...]
>
> I do not care for the tons of hypothetical or impractical or already known
> to be wrong examples given in the whole thread of discussion.

I have no way enough knowledge about the matters discussed here to form a
justified opinion, but in the end it really does not matter much who is
right and who not about these specific questions.

What i have been missing in your posts of this thread is a statement of
understanding to those who compile POV-Ray with gcc every day and
therefore have problems with all those warnings without any conncetion to
the reason of the warning in the first place.  To me it seems that both
ABX and Vadim respect your opinion on the matter of the warnings and their
reasons but your arguments would probably be much better received if you
better show your understanding of someone's motives for working and making
thoughts on that matter.

Christoph

--
POV-Ray tutorials, IsoWood include,